45a Bowling Road, Bedfordview, South Africa, 2007
1. Collection: Lifti and/or Lifti Corporation (“we” or “us”) gathers various information about users of the lifti Website and the lifti program available on that site (the “Website”). This information includes: (a) personal information, provided through voluntary registration; (b) personal information regarding your use of the Website, including but not limited to the identity of people who you are matched with by the Website and the content of any messages that you send to another person using the Website; (c) personal information, provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions); (d) personal information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the Website, including the content you access; (e) aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the Website; and (f) cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping. You further authorize us to collect personal information about you from any public source. The personal information collected will be held by us or on our behalf by such other agent as we may appoint from time to time.
2. Purposes: The personal information you provide will be used for the following purposes: (a) verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details for use of the Website; (b) to allow you to use the Website and to match you with potential rideshare partners; (c) to provide you with further information about the Website or other services offered by us or which we consider may be of interest to you; (d) to keep the Website relevant and of interest to users; (e) to respond to any requests for information made by your employer; (f) to investigate any complaints relating to misuse of the Website or misconduct in relation to rideshares organized directly or indirectly through the Website and to take any action we deem necessary to protect the safety of yourself and others in relation to those complaints; and (g) analysis in aggregate form (identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous).
3. Disclosure: You agree that Lifti or Lifti Corporation may disclose:
(a) the following personal information to potential rideshare partners to enable you to contact each other;
a. first name
c. phone number(s)
e. whether or not you are a smoker
f. your commuting origin, destination and schedule for the trip for which you have requested a rideshare.
(b) personal information about you to your employer by giving them access to your account;
(c) your personal information to your employer where you have been misusing the Website;
(d) personal information about you to your employer, the police or other government authorities where we believe it is reasonably necessary to protect your safety or the safety of other people you have been ridesharing with where these rideshares have been organized directly or indirectly through the Website.
(e) your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law; and
(f) aggregate information and other information that does not personally identify you to such third parties as we may see fit.
With the exception of disclosures listed in 3(a)-(f) above Lifti or Lifti Corp. will not share or sell any personal information about you to outside entities.
4. Consequences of non-provision of information: Failure to provide necessary personal information requested at the time of registration for or use of the Website may result in certain services not being available to you.
5. Security: We are committed to your privacy and strive to protect the personal and confidential information of those who use our Website. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through the Website. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
Lifti is an online system that provides a matching system that allows individuals to find and accept carpooling arrangements. Use of the system is voluntary and entirely at the discretion of participants.
THE WEBSITE IS OFFERED AS A CONVENIENCE AND SERVICE TO COMMUTERS SEEKING RIDE-MATCHING SERVICES. ALL POTENTIAL LIFTI USERS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION AND DISCRETION, AND GENERALLY TAKE WHATEVER STEPS HE OR SHE DEEMS NECESSARY TO ENSURE ONE'S PERSONAL SAFETY. YOU ACCEPT FULL PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RIDE THAT YOU MAY ACCEPT OR PROVIDE THROUGH THIS SERVICE. LIFTI ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACTIONS OF ANY INDIVIDUALS USING THE WEBSITE.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website.
Reliance Upon Information and Password
To be a registered user of the Website ('Registered User') you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the registration form ('Registration Data'). You agree to maintain and update this Registration Data as required to keep it current, complete and accurate. When you register you will be provided with a user ID and password. You must ensure that your password is kept secure and confidential and that it is not revealed to any person. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under or through the use of your password. You agree that Lifti can reasonably rely upon any use of your password, including for our disclosure of information relating to your Registration Data. You should notify Lifti immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or if you believe your password is no longer secret and we will cease relying on that password. You release Lifti, its officials, officers, employees and agents from any claim and won't make any claim against Lifti in respect of or arising from any reliance by Lifti upon any use of your password, including Lifti disclosing personal information relating to your Registration Data. You agree to indemnify and hold Lifti, its officers and employees harmless from any claims, actions, costs (including legal costs), or losses by Lifti or any third party due to or arising out of reliance by Lifti or any third party upon any acts carried out, requests made or information provided through the use of your password.
Registered User Conduct
You agree that:
Provision of Services
We may modify, suspend or discontinue any or all of the contents of the Website from time to time in our absolute discretion.
We may terminate your access to the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever. If you wish to terminate your status as a Registered User of the Website your only recourse is to discontinue your use of the Website and notify us that you have terminated your membership. Upon termination, your right to use the Website immediately ceases.
Communications from Us
You agree that we may send email, SMS’s, newsletters and other forms of communications (whether or not in electronic form) to you from time to time.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Copyright and Limited Reproduction Notices
The contents of the Website are the copyright of Lifti and its licensees. No part of the Website may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose and you are not permitted to incorporate the material or any part of it in any other work or publication (whether in hard copy, electronic or any other form). No part of the Website may be resold, published, copied, reproduced, transmitted or stored (including in any other website or other electronic form) except that you may print, or download to your hard drive, extracts from the Website only for your own use.
The contents of the Website may include links to third party materials ('linked sites'). Lifti will not be responsible for the contents of any linked site or liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by you from accessing, using, relying on or trading with third parties. These links are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the site or any association with their operators. We reserve the right to prohibit links to the Website and you agree to remove or cease any link upon our request. You may not frame any part of the Website material by including advertising or other revenue generating material.
Any dealings with any advertiser appearing on the Website are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. We are not responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
Extension of this Agreement to Lifti Corporation
You hereby also agree to extend this Terms and Conditions Agreement to Lifti Corporation, developers of Lifti and service providers for Lifti. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lifti Corp, its officers and employees, from any and all liability for personal injury, death, property damages and any other loss, and resulting claims (including legal costs) or actions, arising from your participation in or involvement in the Lifti. program.
Refunds and compensations depend on who can’t travel as planned and when they let us know.
1. What if the passenger cancels more than 24 hours before departure time?
We’ll refund their booking, excluding service fees.
2. What if the passenger cancels in the last 24 hours before departure time?
If the passenger books more than 24 hours in advance, we’ll refund them 50% of the booking, excluding service fees. We’ll also compensate the driver 50% because the passenger cancelled shortly before the ride.
If they book in the last 24 hours before the ride, but cancel within 30 minutes of booking, we’ll refund their booking, excluding service fees.
3. What if the passenger doesn’t show up?
We’ll compensate the driver the full passenger contribution. It’s not fair for drivers to be kept waiting, so it’s best that passengers cancel their booking beforehand.
4. What if the driver cancels?
We’ll fully refund the passenger, including service fees.
5. What if the driver should’ve cancelled but didn’t?
The passenger should give us a heads up that they didn’t travel together from the Bookings page on their profile within 24 hours of the departure time. They’ll need to select a reason why this ride couldn’t happen and provide all relevant details.
Out of fairness, the driver will then get the next 7 days to agree or disagree. If the driver agrees, we’ll fully refund the passenger, including service fees. It’ll be exactly as if the driver cancelled the ride.
If the driver disagrees, we’ll ask them to provide all relevant details. We’ll then hand the claim over to our Member Relations team who’ll process the refund using the information we have, and in accordance with our Cancellation policy. Keep an eye on your emails because they may be in touch to ask for some extra details.
Once a ride has been booked,
Drivers will present themselves on time and at the place agreed with the specified vehicle. If the Driver decides to change the details of the ride, he/she has the responsibility to inform his/her passengers who have already booked the ride about the changes. In this case, he/she must get the agreement of all the passengers that have booked the ride to validate the changes;
Drivers will wait for the Passenger(s) at the pickup point for at least 15 minutes after the agreed time (however, the Passenger is expected to be punctual);
Drivers will hold a valid driving license, and they must have it with them at all times;
Drivers will abide by all road rules and laws of the country;
Drivers will have a copy of their insurance policy, registration certificate/licence in the car.
Drivers will drop off Passengers at the exact drop off location as agreed upon when the ride was booked.